A factory reset will restore your machine to the factory condition. Remember to back up your data before performing a reset as this procedure will erase all data.
To perform the factory reset:
- Turn off your Open qPCR. Disconnect any USB cables.
- Using a toothpick, press the reset button through the small hole in the rear of the machine. See the below photo for the exact location. Press the button and continue to hold it down.
- While holding down the reset button, power on the Open qPCR. Continue to hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.
- Release the reset button. Keep the machine powered on for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the device will reboot, and the Open qPCR logo will be displayed on the LCD.
- The device is now configured in the manner it was when you first received it. You may now reconnect USB cables, and create a new account. Additionally, you should update your software to the latest version, as it will be downgraded by the factory reset procedure.